• How long does the course run? The course materials are released over three weeks, though you have access to the materials forever. Weekly videos and PDF's will be shared on Tuesdays: October 5th, 12th, and 19th, and live Q+A's on Sundays. Enrollment closes October 5th.
• How long do I have access to the course? Forever! You can come back to the material at any time.
• What is the format? Every Tuesday, you'll receive a new series of videos, and there will be three Q + A sessions (5-6pm EST on Sunday's - October 10th, 17th, and 24th)
• Do I need to know how to embroider? Yes, you should have working knowledge of at least a few stitches, but I provide all you need to know to get started in "The Embroidery Portal", my free resource (click this text to access)
• How long does the course take to complete? The material is designed to allow for a variety of schedules, but ideally you'll make time for 3 sessions of at least 20 minutes each week to explore the assignments and materials. (1-2 hours per week for course materials, plus any additional stitching)
• What if I need help? Not only do I have in-depth video resources for stitching, but I'll also be there in the Magic Threads Community (hosted on Mighty Networks) answering any questions you may have! Feel free to post images with your questions, or e-mail me, and I'll be there for you. I want to be sure all the information is clear, and you feel confident in your skills!
• What's the difference between Magic Threads and Stitched Visions? Stitched Visions is my beginner course, walking you through all you need to get started making embroideries as talisman, and teaching 4 basic stitches.
Magic Threads is a more intensive study of 12 stitches (including many variations of each) and all the ways they can be applied to your own art, getting your artistic practice going through discovering inspiration, as well as tools for developing color palette and composition - PLUS 3 live Q+A ask-me-anything sessions. While Magic Threads includes all the beginner info as Stitched Visions, it’s designed for creatives who want to really expand their stitch practice!
• How long will this course be available? Enrollment for the course closes October 5th. Next round begins February 2022.
• Are there refunds? No. Based on the response from the first two rounds, I'm confident that if you practice the techniques and methods in the workshop, you are guaranteed to vastly improve your stitching as well as deepen your connection to your own creativity.
Offering partial scholarships for BIPOC folks! Please email: [email protected]